A manuscript by Jeff Luzar, Kirsten Silvius and José Fragoso entitled “Church Affiliation and Meat Taboos in Indigenous Communities of the Amazon”, was accepted for publication with revisions by the journal “Human Ecology” on March 19, 2012. The paper examines how meat taboos held by indigenous peoples are influenced by a number of different Christian churches.
- National REDD+ Implications for Tenured Indigenous Communities in Guyana, and Communities’ Impact on Forest Carbon Stocks: New Publication in “Forests”
- Large Mammals and the Community Dynamics of an Amazonian Rain Forest; My PhD Thesis
- The Amazon rainforest may be home to more animals than previously thought, Stanford scientists show
- Community livelihoods depend upon accurate wildlife estimates
- Levantamentos com Observações diretas Subestimam a Abundância de Mamíferos Terrestres: Implicações para uma Caça de Subsistência Sustentável